The African Farm Management Association (AFMA) invites interested farm management and agribusiness professionals and practitioners for the eleventh forthcoming Congress. The eleventh AFMA Congress follows a successful tenth Congress held in Pointe aux Piments, Mauritius from 20th-24th November 2016. The forthcoming congress will provide an avenue for farm and agribusiness specialists and other stakeholders in the public and private sectors for exchanging knowledge and experiences in an effort to reposition African agriculture in the global environment.
The objectives of AFMA are to:
- Advance the knowledge and understanding of farm business management and to exchange ideas and information about farm management theory and practice throughout the continent of Africa and the world.
- Improve cooperation among stakeholders in Farm management with an interest in African issues at the regional and international levels.
- Promote capacity building, research, policy dialogue and interest of Farm Management in Africa.
- Contribute to the wider objective of agricultural productivity in an effort to reduce poverty, enhance food security and sustainable use of farm resources in Africa.
Congress Dates: The Congress dates were specified as follows:
4 th to 9th November, 2018.
Congress Theme and sub-Themes:
In line with the current issues of African agriculture coupled with a need to achieve sustainable growth, the theme for the 11 th Africa Farm Management Association (AFMA) Congress was designed to read: ‘Revitalization of African Economy through Sustainable Agricultural Development’
However, the sub-Themes of the Congress include the followings:
- Biotechnology and Sustainable Agriculture
- Value Addition in African Agriculture
- Climate Change and Environmental Issues
- New Directions in Agricultural Lending
- Youth Participation in African Agriculture
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Agriculture
- Resource-Use Conflicts in Agriculture
- Innovations and Technology Transfer in Agriculture
- Quality Control and Standardization in Agriculture
- Inter-regional and Trade Linkages for Sustainable Development
- First Announcement and Call for full papers: 29 th January, 2018
- Registration Opens: 12 th February, 2018
- Second and Final Call for Full Papers: 30 th March, 2018
- Deadline for Full Paper Submission: 31 st May, 2018
- Deadline for Poster Paper Submission (abstract):31 st May, 2018
- Early Bird Registration Ends: 31 st May, 2018
- Regular Registration Commences: 1 st June, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance and Invitations: 30 th June, 2018
- Late Registration Commences: 1 st September, 2018
- AFMA Congress: 4 th November, 2018